Every Marketplace health insurance plan must cover these ten essential health benefits.
What’s Covered in The Marketplace Health Insurance?
These essential healthcare benefits include the following services and items.
- Outpatient care, the type of service you obtain without being admitted to a hospital.
- Hospital treatment for inpatient care
- Visits to the emergency units
- Care facilities before and after the birth of your baby
- Your prescription medications
- Mental health and drug use disorder services, including counseling, behavioral health issues, and psychotherapy.
- Services and tools that help you recover if you’re injured or have an impairment or chronic condition. It covers occupational and physical therapy, psychiatric rehabilitation, speech-language pathology, and much more.
- Your laboratory tests
- Preventive care facilities, including screenings, vaccines, and counseling to keep you healthy and manage a chronic disease
- Services for children: This includes children’s dental and vision care.
Specific healthcare benefits may differ from state to state. There can be minor differences between health coverage plans even within the same region. When you submit your enrollment form and compare health plans, you’ll be able to see the specific healthcare benefits that each program provides.
Get Ready to Register in Health Insurance Plan
When the Open Enrollment Period starts on November 1, 2021, you will be able to apply, preview, and compare plans and register in Marketplace insurance programs. Health insurance coverage began on January 1, 2022.
Don’t wait and apply for health insurance coverage through Insurance Shopping.