Do you know that all the health plans available in the Marketplace cover the primary health benefits? According to insurance policies, essential health benefits are the basic requirements for every Marketplace plan.
Five Covered Essential Health Benefits
Every health insurance plan in the Marketplace must include the following benefits:
- Ambulatory patient care (services received outside of a hospital, also known as outpatient care)
- Services for disabled people
- Inpatient care (such as surgeries & overnight stays)
- Laboratories services
- Prescription medications
Additional Health Benefits
- Marketplace coverages may also provide additional benefits such as dental and vision care services.
- Contact your insurance company and find out which services are covered in your health insurance plan.