If you had a Marketplace plan in 2021, you should have received Tax Form 1095-A (Marketplace Health Insurance Statement) by mail from the Marketplace agency (not the IRS). After you’ve confirmed that it’s correct, keep it with other important tax information, such as W-2 forms and other records, so you can easily find it when it’s time to file.
Where can I find Form 1095-A on the internet?
If it didn’t arrive in your mailbox or you can’t find it, browse your state agency website and perform the following steps:
- Access your account.
- Select your 2021 application rather than your 2022 application under “Your Existing Applications.”
- Choose “Tax Forms” from the left-hand menu.
- Download all of the 1095-As displayed on the screen.
If you didn’t find it, contact your insurance agent or broker.
What should you do with Form 1095-A?
- You cannot file your federal taxes unless you have Tax Form 1095-A. You’ll need it to “reconcile” or check if there’s a discrepancy between the premium tax obligation debt you used during 2021 and the amount you’re eligible for.
- Before you do anything, double-check that it is correct.
- If you previously filed with an inaccurate form, you may be required to file an amended tax return using the data on your corrected 1095-A.