You might be requested to provide documents to demonstrate your eligibility if you applied for Marketplace coverage during a Special Enrollment Period because you moved or lost prior health coverage.
You have 30 days from the time you choose a plan to send the documents.
What can I do if I’m not sure if I need to submit documents?
- After you submit your application, you’ll receive information and instructions on your eligibility results screen as well as in a notice that you may download or receive in the mail.
- If you’re required to provide documentation, this will be included.
If you’re about to lose your health insurance
- You must submit documents demonstrating the loss of coverage and the date on which it expires.
- View a list of documents that have been accepted.
If you relocated to a new address and had prior coverage
- You must show proof that you relocated within the last 60 days AND that you had health insurance for at least one day in the 60 days preceding your move.
- Have a look at the list of accepted documents
Are you ready to send in your application? You have two options for submitting documents:
- Upload to the internet: Get step-by-step uploading instructions with screenshots. Alternatively, see the text-only instructions. The quickest way to have them processed is to upload them.
- Mail copies: Mail copies via US mail.