You have more options to manage your health now that you have Marketplace health insurance.
Your Marketplace plan includes a long list of free women’s preventive services, such as mammograms, yearly well-woman doctor visits, and other screening tests. Other health care for women, such as pregnancy and childbirth, are all covered by the plan.
Women’s health care is provided at no cost.
- If you have Marketplace coverage, you have access to various preventive services, such as annual well-woman visits and, if you’re at risk for breast cancer, genetic testing. When you visit a provider in the plan’s network, these services are free even before you’ve met your deductible.
- View a complete list of free preventive services for women covered by your Marketplace plan.
- Marketplace plans must include FDA-approved contraceptive methods prescribed by a health care physician, including birth control pills.
- Visit the Marketplace to learn more about birth control benefits.
Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding are all aspects of motherhood.
- All Marketplace plans cover maternity care and childbirth, even if you’re pregnant before your health coverage begins.
- Breastfeeding equipment and counseling are available in most Marketplace plans for pregnant and nursing mothers. Your health insurance plan may cover the cost of a breast pump, either as a rental or a purchase, depending on your plan’s rules and provider recommendations.
- Learn more about women’s health during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
More information on women’s health insurance
Health insurance benefits and free programs for women with Marketplace coverage are explained, as well as the risks of not having insurance.