Nobody expects to get sick or harmed, but most individuals will require medical attention at some point in their lives, whether it’s a doctor’s visit, a prescription pill, a lab test, physical therapy, or counseling. These services are not cheap.
It’s also critical to have coverage in case something happens that necessitates surgery or emergency medical attention. A fractured limb can cost up to $7,500 to repair, and a three-day hospital stay costs over $30,000.
The Health Insurance Marketplace has a wide range of high-quality health coverage options for regular and non-routine medical treatments that fit your family’s needs and budget.
Even if you don’t reach your deductible, you’ll get benefits.
- All Marketplace plans provide some services for free, such as preventive care and well-woman visits.
- Other health insurance perks, such as lower-cost generic medications and free illness management programs, are available in some policies.
If you are seeking medical care from a provider in your insurance plan’s network, you’ll spend less than if you didn’t have insurance.
What is covered by Marketplace health plans?
One of the advantages of Marketplace health insurance is that all plans cover the same set of essential health benefits, even if you have a pre-existing illness. Here are a few more benefits, in addition to doctor visits, lab testing, hospitalization, surgery, and emergency care:
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care both before and after the birth of your child: Even if you were pregnant before your coverage began, you are covered. The majority of policies also cover nursing.
- Adults, children, and women can all benefit from preventive care. Preventive healthcare for women includes well-woman visits and contraception.
- Counseling and psychotherapy are examples of behavioral health treatments, as are mental health and substance abuse services.
- Prescription medications
Health insurance through the Marketplace may have extra benefits, including dental and vision coverage and coverage for chiropractic or acupuncture services. When you compare plans side by side on the Marketplace, you’ll see exactly what each one has to offer.