There will be significant changes in health insurance policies in 2023. We’ve updated InsuranceShopping.com to help you prepare for those changes, particularly one of the most notable: the availability of new marketplace health plans.
Answering your questions about health insurance
Our mission is to guide you through different health insurance options so that you can choose the best policy for you and your family. If you own a small business, we’ll collaborate with you to find a program that works for you, your dependents, and your employees. Self-employed? We’ve also got that covered.
New options and features include:
- The most crucial health coverage information is right at your fingertips— Answer some quick questions, and we’ll provide you with the customized list of options, content tailored to your situation, and document checklist to help you prepare for the enrollment process.
- An easy-to-read question and answer format with content based on the frequently asked questions
- A simple site structure and robust search features will assist you in finding what you are looking for.
- A streamlined InsuranceShopping.com experience on your smartphone, laptop, tablet, or desktop computer
- A new number is now available to answer your health insurance questions by a licensed agent or representative, and it is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week: +1 855-913-1570 (TTY: 1-800-855-0511).
When open enrollment begins on November 1, 2022, you will be able to apply, compare programs, and register using this website. (Your state may be regulating and managing the marketplace plans in your area. If it does, you’ll apply for coverage through your state’s agency website or via Insurance Shopping. Find out the coverage status in your region.) Please note that Marketplace coverage will begin on January 1, 2023.
Are you looking for more information?
When we rebuilt our website, we moved some content that was previously available here. If you’re looking for specialized marketplace information, press materials, organizational resources, or other information about the Obamacare or Affordable Care Act, go to the following health government portals:
- HHS Newsroom: For news press releases, contacts, and media-related information.
- HHS.gov or HealthCare: For details and specifics about the progress and benefits of the healthcare law.
- Marketplace.CMS.gov: For brochures, outreach materials, collateral materials, and training materials.
- CMS.gov or CCIIO: For policy, regulations, and guidance from the CCIIO (Center for Customer Information and Insurance Oversight)
- Healthcare.gov archive: Contains all previously found material on Healthcare.gov, captured weekly.
- You can also get information about various marketplace plans through Insurance Shopping.
Please help us improve InsuranceShopping.com
We are committed to improving the user experience on our website. We need your assistance to accomplish this. Share your thoughts and concerns by filling out the “comment section” at the bottom of most pages. We’d like to hear about what’s not working and what topics you’d like to learn more about. We look forward to hearing from you.