If you’ve registered in a Marketplace program and your household size and income changes, update your enrollment form as soon as possible. These changes might affect the coverage or savings to which you are entitled. If you don’t report them, you may be eligible for more savings than you currently get or end up having to pay the cashback when you register 2021 taxes next year.
How to Report Changes in Income and Household
- You notify the changes to the Marketplace program by updating your enrollment form.
- Find out about the types of changes you need to report by searching your state’s company website.
- You can update your information in person, online, or over the phone, but not by email.
What to Do if You Relocate
- If you’ve relocated within the same region, you must update your application form online.
- If you relocated to a new state, begin a new registration in your new state:
□ When you shift to a new state, you cannot maintain your health plan from your old region.
□ Report out-of-state relocations as soon as possible so that you can sign up for a new plan without any delay and avoid paying for insurance that doesn’t work in your new state.
Learn more about reporting changes to your health insurer by visiting Insurance Shopping.